THE WESTERN HERBAL TRADITION. 2000 YEARS OF MEDICINAL PLANT KNOWLEDGE
Tobyn, G. - Denham, A. - Whitelegg, M.
Gastos de envío GRATIS en España y Portugal
The Western Herbal Tradition provides a comprehensive and critical exploration of the use of plant medicines through 2000 years of history from Dioscorides to the present day. It follows each of the 27 herbs through a wide range of key sources from European, Arabic and American traditions including Greek, Roman and Renaissance texts. A rich discussion of the historical texts is balanced with current application and research.
The herbs have been selected on the basis of common use by practising herbalists.
• Excellent illustrations accompany each monograph to aid learning
• First book to cover broader historical
• perspective and discussions of issues surrounding each herb
• Written by leading experts who are well known in the field
• Includes some monographs of which there is little material already available
• Herbs included are from the Traditional use directive making the book even more pertinent
• An excellent valuable resource for everyone interested in herbal medicine
By Graeme Tobyn, BA FHEA FNIMH, Course Leader in Herbal Medicine, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK; Alison Denham, BA(Soc) FNIMH, Senior Lecturer in Herbal Medicine, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK and Margaret Whitelegg, BA PhD FNIMH, Senior Lecturer in Herbal Medicine, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK