SMALL ANIMAL ENDOSCOPY
Tams, T. - Rawlings, C.
|PVP sin IVA||132,00 €|
Gastos de envío GRATIS en España y Portugal
para pedidos que, sin incluir IVA, superen 100€.
The latest edition of the critically acclaimed Small Animal Endoscopy presents
informative, practical, and up-to-date guidance on endoscopic indications, instrumentation,
patient preparation, and techniques. Todd R. Tams and Clarence A. Rawlings,
the foremost experts in veterinary endoscopy, provide the novice as well as
the advanced practitioner with the information needed to deliver the safest,
high-quality endoscopic services for small animals, including avian and exotics.
Chapters are organized consistently and lavishly illustrated to help you easily
find and understand key concepts and procedures. This edition includes a companion
website with expert demonstrations of techniques, as well as a collection of
marketing brochures and examples of patient discharge instructions for veterinarians
to give clients.
- Enables you to deliver the safest, high quality care and a wider range of
services to the pets of increasingly concerned and savvy owners.
- Features cutting-edge information on minimally invasive procedures to improve
diagnostic accuracy, reduce operating time, improve success, minimize post-operative
stress and pain, and promote faster healing.
- Helps you recognize the many indications for endoscopy in everyday practice.
- Covers a vast range of topics in a clear, concise and readable style.
- Describes instrumentation, examination, and sample procurement techniques
- Shows both normal and abnormal findings you may encounter during a procedure
in an atlas of images in relevant chapters.
- Provides minimally invasive examination and surgical options for veterinarians
treating uniquely sensitive avian and exotic patients.
- Provides step-by-step instructions on specific techniques
- Helps beginners master endoscopic diagnosis and treatment and more experienced
endoscopists utilize their endoscopic equipment to its fullest capacity.
New to this edition
- Expanded content on the use of rigid endoscopy helps you perform the most
current minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- A new coeditor, Dr. Clarence Rawlings, shares his expertise in rigid endoscopy
for diagnostic and surgical procedures and his extensive knowledge of endosurgery.
- Consistent chapter organization includes sections on indications, instrumentation,
patient preparation, and restraint, in addition to details of the procedures
- Over 1,000 color images depict normal and abnormal anatomical features,
as well as numerous tables and diagrammatic representations.
- Required or recommended instrumentation
- Instructions on how to care for, clean, and store endoscopic instruments
- Pre-endoscopic procedures, including patient preparation, equipment set-up,
and positioning of personnel
- Instructions on how to correctly hold and manipulate both flexible and rigid
- Post-endoscopic procedures, including patient recovery and proper submission
of tissue samples
- Information on how to incorporate flexible and rigid endoscopy into a veterinary
practice using specific marketing skills and appropriate personnel training
A bonus website takes understanding to the next level with videos of:
- Cystoscope placement technique, normal cystoscopy, and calculi removal
- How to perform a normal examination
- 12 different clinical endoscopic procedures, including intraoperative uretheroscopy,
laparoscopic-assisted cystoscopy, laser correction of an ectopic ureter, and
- Many patient cases are showcased, with each case presenting a patient's
complaint, diagnostic studies used for assessment, the endoscopic procedure
enlisted, surgical treatment, and case follow-up. The benefits of using endoscopy
are discussed in each case.
Table of contents
Part I: Flexible Endoscopy
1. Endoscopic Instrumentation and Documentation for Flexible and Rigid Endoscopy
2. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy: Instrumentation, Handling Technique, Training,
and Implementation in Practice
5. Enteroscopic Examination of the Small Intestine
7. Endoscopic Removal of Gastrointestinal Foreign Bodies
8. Endoscopic Biopsy Specimen Collection and Histopathologic Considerations
9. Endoscopic Placement of Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy Tubes
10. Laryngoscopy and Tracheobronchoscopy of the Dog and Cat
Part II: Rigid Endoscopy
11. Stapling and Energy Devices for Endoscopic Surgery
12. Application of Laser Energy with Endoscopic Visualization
13. Endoscopic Knot Tying and Suturing
14. Psychomotor Training and Virtual Reality
18. Vaginoscopy and Transcervical Catheterization in the Bitch
22. Exotic Pets
23. Marketing Endoscopic Services in the Clinic
24. New Technologies on the Horizon