STUDY GUIDE FOR CLINICAL PROCEDURES FOR MEDICAL ASSISTANTS
|Dimensiones||22 x 28 x cms.|
|Editorial||Saunders (W.B.) Co Ltd|
|PVP sin IVA||29,99 €|
Gastos de envío GRATIS en España y Portugal
para pedidos que, sin incluir IVA, superen 100€.
Master the content from your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding
to the chapters in Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 8th Edition,
by Kathy Bonewit-West, this study guide helps you understand and apply material
with exercises, activities, checklists, review questions, and more.
- Chapter assignment sheets, study guide assignment sheets, and laboratory
assignments make it easy to get organized and prepare for what's coming next.
- Pre-tests and posttests provide a quick assessment of your knowledge.
- Key term assessments with matching exercises help in mastering new vocabulary.
- Critical thinking activities utilize realistic situations to help you analyze
and apply what you've learned with games, role-playing situations, fun crossword
puzzles, and independent study questions.
- Evaluation of Learning questions let you assess your understanding, evaluate
progress, and prepare for the certification examination.
- Practice for Competency sections offer extra practice on clinical skills
presented in the book.
- Evaluation of Competency checklists evaluate your performance versus stated
objectives and performance standards, updated with the new CAAHEP and ABHES
New To This Edition:
- Video evaluation activities reinforce the procedures demonstrated on the
- Additional charting exercises let you practice documentation.
- Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to think critically and quiz yourself
on various aspects of the chapter.
- Practicum activities and worksheets help you learn how your practicum site
Table of Contents:
1. The Medical Record
2. Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard
3. Sterilization and Disinfection
4. Vital Signs
5. The Physical Examination
6. Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
7. Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
8. The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
9. The Pediatric Examination
10. Minor Office Surgery
11. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy
12. Cardiopulmonary Procedures
13. Colon Procedures and Male Reproductive Health
14. Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
15. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
19. Blood Chemistry and Immunology
20. Medical Microbiology
21. Emergency Medical Procedures
Appendix A: Practicum Activities
By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant
Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review
Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants