NONHUMAN PRIMATES IN BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH, 2 VOLS.
Abee, C. - Mansfield, K. - Tardiff, S. - Morris, T.
|PVP sin IVA||175,00 €|
Gastos de envío GRATIS en España y Portugal
para pedidos que, sin incluir IVA, superen 100€.
The second edition of the gold standard text in the field, Nonhuman Primates in Biomedical Research provides a comprehensive, up-to-date review of the use of nonhuman primates in biomedical research. The publication emphasizes the biology and management, diseases, and biomedical models for nonhuman primate species most commonly used in research. Each chapter contains an extensive list of bibliographic references, photographs, and graphic illustrations to provide the reader with a thorough review of the subject.
The Biology and Management volume provides basic information on the natural biology of nonhuman primates and the current state of knowledge regarding captive management. The Diseases volume provides thorough reviews of naturally occurring diseases of nonhuman primates, with a section on biomedical models reviewing contemporary nonhuman primate models of human diseases.
Table of Contents
Volume 1: Biology and Management
- Laws, Regulations and Policies
- Taxonomy of Nonhuman Primates Used in Biomedical Research in the U.S.
- Functional Morphology
- Study of Primate Social Behavior
- Behavioral Management, Enrichment and Psychological Well-being of Laboratory Nonhuman Primates
- Behavioral Disorders
- Reproduction and Breeding in Nonhuman Primates
- Laboratory Primate Housing
- Animal Identification and Record Keeping: Current Practice and Use
- Preventative Medicine
- Clinical techniques
- Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- Primates In Transplantation Biology and Xenotransplantation
- Anesthesia and Analgesia
- Nonhuman Primates in Safety and Efficacy Evaluation
Volume 2: Diseases
- Viral Diseases
- Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases
- Primates in Tuberculosis Research
- Parasitic Diseases
- Non-Human Primate Models for Human Malaria Research
- Neoplastic and Proliferative Disorders of Nonhuman Primates
- Hematopoietic, Cardiovascular, Lymphoid and Mononuclear Phagocyte Systems
- Nonhuman Primate Models of Atherosclerosis
- Respiratory Diseases
- Urogenital System
- Diseases of the Integument
- Digestive System
- Arthritis, Muscle, Adipose Tissue and Bone Diseases
- Nonhuman Primates in Diabetes and Obesity Research
- Nervous System Disorders and Models
- A Review of the Use of NHPs in Basic and Applied Research Focused on the Motor System
- Imaging in Nonhuman Primate Research
- Nonhuman Primates in Drug and Alcohol Addiction Research
Keith Mansfield, D.V.M., Associate Director for Resource and Collaborative Affairs, Chair, Division of Primate Resources, New England National Primate Research Center, Harvard Medicine School, Southborough, MA ;
Suzette D. Tardif , Ph.D., Barshop Institute for Longevity & Aging Studies, San Antonio, TX
Timothy Morris , Director of Equine Science and Welfare, British Horseracing Authority, London, UK